OOSS 2023 Webinar Series
Cataract Surgery Co-management – rules, regulations and pitfalls
Thursday, August 10, 2023, 5:00 pm CST
Co-management of cataract surgery continues to be a hot topic! Misunderstanding and misinformation about how to co-manage cataract surgery, particularly with advance technology IOLs, can lead to serious problems. Recent whistleblower cases underscore how problems can occur that suddenly blow up into a legal morass. Understanding and following the instructions of CMS and the OIG are critical as you navigate co-management.
The webinar examines all the guidance on this issue and provides practical tips about:
- Patient options for post-op care
- Patient and surgeon limitations on co-management
- How to transfer post-op care
- Use of post-op care request forms
- Verbal agreements
- Written documentation requirements
- Handling financial payments
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Protecting your ASC with appropriate insurance coverage
The webinar will feature industry experts:
- Allison Shuren JD, Partner, Arnold & Porter
- Kevin Corcoran COE, CPC, CPMA, FNAO, Sr. Consultant & co-founder Corcoran Consulting Group (div. of Medical Consulting Group)
- Sean Hanlon, CEO, CoFi, Inc
- Moderator: Mark Kontos, MD
Keeping it Straight with the Feds and State – a deeper dive into compliance dilemmas
Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 5:00 pm CST
- In these tough financial times, practices and ASCs are under increased pressure to maximize reimbursement. It is imperative that providers diligently understand and comply with Medicare and State payment rules and policies in order to avoid potentially bankrupting monetary penalties or imprisonment.
- Kevin Corcoran will discuss problematic billing practices and Allison Shuren will address risks related to violations under Medicare and State anti-fraud and kickback laws and strategies for ensuring compliance.
- Skip Pleninger, President, Medical Insurance Division, Paris-Kirwan Associates
- Moderator: Mike Romansky JD, OOSS Washington Counsel
Washington Update and ASC Performance Optimization
Monday, September 25, 2023, 5:00 pm CST
- As we begin Q4, Mike Romansky JD, OOSS General Counsel provides a Washington Update, include the status CMS Reimbursement 2024 Rule and priorities for 2024.
- Optimize your ASC’s performance
Albert Castillo, OOSS Director of Membership and CEO of San Antonio Eye will share benchmarking goals, tools, and solutions to optimize your business and clinical performance. He’ll share scenarios and an interactive discussion with ASC leaders.