OOSS Symposium 2015 Las Vegas - Recap Videos
Strategic Imperatives and the New oASC:
Positioning for the Opportunities of Change
Success begins with the right strategy. Join OOSS and industry leaders as we focus on strategic planning for the imperatives of change in the ophthalmic ASC. Hear from surgeons and ASC owners who have successfully invested in strategic planning and learn about integrating new technologies, quality management, and reimbursement strategies.
“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.” — Maya Angelou
Segment 1: Welcome & OOSS Updates (42 min)
- Welcome and introduction by OOSS President Y. Ralph Chu, M.D., with OOSS Updates from Executive Director Kent Jackson, Ph.D. (1:22)
- OOSS Counsel Mike Romansky addressing “The Top TEN Payment and Regulatory Issues Facing the Ophthalmic ASC” (9:01)
- Where are your facility payment rates going?
- What is OOSS doing to ensure that ASC quality reporting requirements are reasonable and reflect OOSS’ views?
- What are we doing to ameliorate burdensome and irrational ASC sterilization requirements?
- Will the playing field be leveled between hospitals and ASCs?
- How can you, the OOSS member, effectively influence our legislative and regulatory agenda?
Segment 2: Positioning for Change – Keynote and ASC Panel (86 min)
- Keynote address by Bruce Maller, President and CEO of BSM Consulting, “Positioning for the Opportunities of Change” (1:15)
- Panel discussion, “The Imperatives of Action: Planning—Execution—Outcomes.” (31:50)
- Brief introductory remarks by panelists, Stephanie Harvey, MBA, CASA, and Tom Harvey, M.D., of the Independent Surgery Center, Chippewa Falls, WI, (33:12)
- Robert Nelson, PA-C, Executive Director, Island Eye Surgicenter, Carle place, NY, (38:08)
- Lee H. Novick, M.D., Newport Bay Surgery Center, Newport Beach, CA, (42:35)
- Maria Scott, M.D., Chesapeake Eye Care & Laser Center, Annapolis, MD, (50:23)
- Audience Q&A (55:52)
Segment 3: Innovation, Quality and Reimbursement Strategies (67 min)
- Moderator Maria Scott, M.D., interviews Jim Hindman, founder of Jiffy Lube International and author of Was Blind but Now I See and her insights “On Patient-Centric Planning and Execution” (2:32)
- Regina Boore, RN, BSN, MS, CASA, President of Progressive Surgical Solutions, LLC, outlines “Quality Strategies Beyond Compliance” (20:17)
- Kevin J. Corcoran, COE, CPC, CPMA, FNAO, President of Corcoran Consulting Group, discusses “Reimbursement Strategies Beyond the Basics: The Future of ASC Payments” (37:24)
- Bruce Maller closes with “The Ophthalmic ASC 2020: Key Issues, Challenges and Imperatives for the New oASC” (56:46)