CMS-Proposed ASC Payment Rates
OOSS is challenging the 2018 proposed ASC payment rates set by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We have joined ASCRS, the American Society of Retinal Specialists, and the Society for Excellence in Eyecare (SEE) in submitting comments to CMS.
- We strenuously object to the use of the Consumer Price Index by CMS as the update factor for ASCs and urge instead that facilities be afforded the Hospital Market Basket, which is used to update hospital outpatient department rates and is typically about a point higher.
- We are also recommending that CMS augment reimbursement for procedures that encompass the use of expensive devices and implants.
- We support a proposed ASC quality measure on TASS, which was developed by the ASC Quality Collaboration.
- We recommend that FDA-approved intracameral drugs used for pain and inflammation be reimbursed separately under Medicare Part B, rather than included as a “covered service” within the facility fee.
- Additionally, we are urging CMS to continue to delay implementation of the OAS CAHPS patient experience/satisfaction survey.
To read our comments to CMS on the ASC Rule in full, CLICK HERE.
For more information, contact OOSS Washington Counsel Mike Romansky at mromansky@OOSS.org.