OOSS SYMPOSIUM @ AAO LAS VEGAS
Strategic Imperatives and the New oASC:
Positioning for the Opportunities of Change
Success begins with the right strategy. Join OOSS and industry leaders as we focus on strategic planning for the imperatives of change in the ophthalmic ASC. Hear from surgeons and ASC owners who have successfully invested in strategic planning and learn about integrating new technologies, quality management, and reimbursement strategies.
“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.” – Maya Angelou
Saturday, November 14, 2015, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wynn Las Vegas, Alsace Room
Please RSVP for your entire team – Click Here
11:00 am – 12:00 pm – President’s Council Meet & Greet Reception. President’s Council, Board of Directors and Guests. Alsace Patio. To RSVP for the President’s Council Reception, Click Here.
12:00 – 12:45 pm – Symposium Luncheon. OOSS Members, Partners, and Guests.
12:45 – 12:50 pm – Welcome. OOSS President Y. Ralph Chu, M.D.
12:50 – 1:00 pm – OOSS Update: Initiatives and Membership Programs. Kent Jackson, Ph.D., and Albert Castillo.
1:00 – 1:30 pm – Washington Update. OOSS Counsel Mike Romansky.
1:30 – 2:00 pm – Positioning for the Opportunities of Change. Keynote Address by Bruce Maller, President and CEO, BSM Consulting.
2:10 – 3:00 pm – The Imperatives of Action: Planning, Execution, and Outcomes. An Interactive ASC Panel moderated by Bruce Maller.
- Independent Surgery Center, Chippewa Falls, WI. Chief Executive Officer Stephanie Harvey, MBA, CASC, and OOSS Director, and Medical Director Thomas Harvey, M.D.
- Island Eye Surgicenter, Carle Place, NY. Executive Director Robert Nelson, PA-C and OOSS Director.
- Newport Bay Surgery Center, Newport Beach, CA. Managing Partner Lee H. Novick, M.D.
- Chesapeake Eye Care & Laser Center, Annapolis, MD. Maria Scott, M.D., OOSS Director and AAO Councilor
3:00 – 3:45 pm – The Imperatives of Change: Innovation, Quality and
Reimbursement. Introduction by Maria Scott, M.D.
- Innovation: A Mindset for Change.
- Quality Strategies Beyond Compliance: A Culture of Commitment. Regina Boore, RN, BSN, MS, CASC, President of Progressive Surgical Solutions, LLC.
- Reimbursement Strategies: Beyond Basics. Kevin J. Corcoran, COE, CPC, CPMA, FNAO, President of Corcoran Consulting Group.
3:45 – 3:55 pm – The Ophthalmic ASC 2020 – A Global View.
3:55 pm – Symposium Summation – OOSS President Y. Ralph Chu, M.D.
AAOE ASC-Focused Courses
Be sure to participate in these outstanding AAOE instruction courses powered by OOSS. For more information, go to http://www.aao.org/practice-management/annual-meeting